Glam Campaign Phase 1 – Brand Rejuvenation & Connectivity with the Millenials
- Glam is the youthful sub-brand of Manicare. Showcase the new Glam Premium range through Pia Muehlenbeck (Influencer) to attract new and younger users to the Manicare brand and ramp up their ‘expertise’ in the beauty category
- Via NPD the Glam range was extended from lashes/nails to include a select range of beauty tools and accessories to attract new users
- The new range of brushes included a set of 6 essential brushes for the face and eyes – they are department store quality (i.e. high quality) brushes at pharmacy prices
- There was also a new range of high quality lashes
- Brushes are a high growth area in the Beauty category, and as such Manicare are expanding their range to leverage this growth
- Manicare selected an Ambassador to be the face of the brand – Pia Muehlenbeck. Pia has a very strong social media presence and embodies the personality of Glam thus offering great connectivity with the Millenials
Women 14-29 with high interest in Beauty and Fashion
- Maximise reach and visibility amongst our target audience to increase consideration and trial
- Engage our TA by leveraging the strong social following of the Glam ambassador (Pia) and bringing a bit of ‘glam’ to their lives
How we did it
Deployed an Integrated Channel strategy entrenched within Beauty & Lifestyle environments to connect with the Millenials
Specifically targeting ‘glam’ environments ie. fashion, beauty and alignment with Red Carpet events, as well as interest targeting (music, celebrity, movies)
Leveraged the presence of Pia in the Cosmopolitan Influencer Issue with an adjacent Glam ad
To incite and excite Beauty Tools and Accessories usage occasions during weekends and special occasions. Leveraged the Melbourne Cup hype targeting Flemington (Melb) tram route and the Randwick (Syd) bus route to increase brand awareness and purchase intent
The digital activity included a number of strategies to reach the Glam audience:
- Native Content Distribution (Taboola) – Prospect for new customers by seeding ads amongst content and drive user traffic back to the campaign landing page.
- Video (You-Tube) – Educate and entertain female beauty consumers while they watch tutorials and beauty content across You-Tube.
- Programmatic Trading Exchanges – Maximise reach, prospect for new customers and re-engage existing users via programmatic trading exchanges.
- Video Interactive Ad Unit (Exponential) – Engage users via a high-impact and user-initiated digital execution.
Across all channels the Glam campaign was executed successfully.
- TV delivered strong contextual reach (1 in 3 of the Millennials) across a 3 month campaign
- The Magazine buy achieved an ROI of 576% through our strong rate negotiation and editorial value received
- The OOH component (despite the initial State Government contract set back), achieved exceedingly well reaching over 270K of our target audience providing a 424% ROI
- The digital component reached more than 5.4 million unique users and drove 50-87.5% higher cost-efficiencies across CPC’s and CPV’s. The engager CTR of 5.33% was also more than triple the category benchmark (1.56%)